Nov 3, 2008

crumbling pedistal

a poem for my friend. you are so brave.

crumbling pedistal

lonely
so lonely is this place
positioned high
upon the pedistal
of wholeness.
it is just me here
grasphing fro balance
i cannot fall
for all eyes below
are fixed upon me.
lonely
so lonely is this place
no company
other than a
blanket of struggles
wrapping my freedom.
with its grip of
fear, guilt, and shame
this blanket
will keep me
from falling.
lonely
so lonely is this place
the piercing stares
penetrate the marrow
of my fragility.
but wait...
far off i see
through blurry vision
a faint
distant form
it is Grace
the gaze of Grace
is focused upon me.
lonely
so lonely is this place
how i long to tear
this suffocating blanket.
can i?
what will become of me?
hungry eyes
seek the nourishment
of the distant form
called Grace.
his tender eyes
invite me to come
to come down
from this pedistal
of solitude.
lonely
so lonely is this place
no longer can
i stand
just one step
and i can meet
the eyes of liberation.
i rend my
garments and beat
my chest
relent o lord!
i cry
baptize me with
your tears of
compassion.
Grace comes
and gently collects
each droplet of pain
falling from my cheeks
he whispers
you are alone
no longer.

No comments: